In June 2017, our former bishop, the Rt. Rev. Todd Ousley resigned, accepting a call to serve on the Presiding Bishop’s staff as the Bishop for Pastoral Development.
In October, the Diocesan Convention elected the Rt. Rev. Catherine Waynick, former bishop of the Diocese of Indianapolis, to serve as our part-time Bishop Provisional for one year.
Over the next year, our diocese is in discernment mode as we consider the challenges presented to us by changing cultural norms and financial issues. We will have several opportunities to meet and discuss as we discern our future as Episcopalians in Eastern Michigan.
This page will serve as a hub of information for everything transition related.
- 8/17 – Updates for Convention, Invitation to Transition Gathering – online
- 6/12 – Transition Moving Forward – online
- 4/3 – Invitation to a next-steps gathering – online
- 11/7 – The diocese is invited participate in self-study process – online
- 10/20 – The Rt. Rev. Catherine Waynick is elected Bishop Provisional – online
- 9/20 – Standing Committee Nominates a Bishop Provisional – online
- 7/10 – An Update from the Standing Committee – online
- 6/6 – Bishop Gayle E. Harris (Massachusetts) preaches at Send-Off Celebration Eucharist – video
- 6/5 – Bishop Ousley’s Final Message to the Diocese – video and text
- 5/12 – Invitation to the Send-Off Celebration Eucharist with Bishop Ousley – online
- 5/3 – Update from the Standing Committee in the Diocesan Newsletter – online
- 4/12 – Bishop Ousley’s Letter to the Diocese – website or PDF
- 4/12 – The Standing Committee’s Letter to the Diocese – website or PDF