September 12th, 2018 – Transition Gathering
Please join us on Sunday, September 16th from 3-6PM at St. John’s, Midland for additional conversation around the three transition scenarios. We invite all members of the diocese to join us, especially those that will be voting at the diocesan convention.
The Standing Committee will present a report including the responses from the Transition Reflection Survey – a summary of participant responses and votes, some answers to frequently asked questions, and more.
The Rt. Rev. Sean Rowe will be with us to discuss and answer questions about the discernment process underway in the Dioceses of Northwest Pennsylvania and Western New York, where, respectively, Bishop Rowe serves as Bishop Diocesan and is nominated to serve as Bishop Provisional. Their process, termed “Rust Belt Episcopal”, is comparable to our Transition Scenario #3.
Please RSVP to help us plan for space and snacks. There is no cost to attend.
This gathering will be live-streamed on our diocesan Facebook Page and archived on this transition section of our website for those unable to attend in-person.
June 9th, 2018 – Next Steps Gathering
Members of the diocese met in Midland on June 9, 2018 to hear reports from the transition consultant, the diocesan treasurer, the President of the Standing Committee, and to join in Eucharist and reflection together.
We live-streamed the gathering. That recording is available, here.
The group reviewed and discussed several documents. Those resources are available, here:
- Summary of the Self-Study Gatherings, presented by our transition consultant, the Rev. Dr. Diane Vie
- Financial Report on Diocesan Investments, presented by Diocesan Treasurer, Mike Turnbull
- Report from the East/West Collaborative Conversation with Possible Scenarios for Transition Next Steps, presented by Standing Committee President, the Rev. Dan Scheid
- Timeline of Rust Belt Episcopal – the exploratory process between the Dioceses of Northwest Pennsylvania and Western New York
- Website for Rust Belt Episcopal
- 2018-2019-2020 Diocesan Budget
Participants in the gathering and those that were unable to join us are invited to reflect on the presentations and discussion. Please click here to take the reflection survey.