About the Social Service & Ministry Network Grants
Whereas traditional Social Services grants primarily fund much needed programing in a specific geographic area, Networking is about relationships and finding innovative ministry connection possibilities across the diocese not bound by miles and accessibility.
It is the primary intention of the Episcopal Diocese of Eastern Michigan that these grants:
- Fund new network ministries that are collaborative beyond traditional geographic and congregational lines;
- Expand existing ministries
Ongoing funding will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Priority will be given to ministries that reflect the following:
- Reflecting diocesan initiatives: addictions and recovery ministries, poverty, literacy, hunger, anti-racism, and anti-violence.
- Including one or more of the following: human rights advocacy, health or human service program (outreach), lay leadership empowerment.
- Looking outward in the best missionary tradition of the church – outreach to new people and populations that we do not ordinarily reach or see in our own pews.
- Sustaining after the Ministry Network grant has expired – The organization applying for funds must demonstrate plans to sustain the ministry after the grant concludes.
- Supported by at least one congregation of the diocese with both financial and people resources. The ministry should encourage collaboration and networking among congregations and/or agencies andincrease the mission initiatives by the people of the diocese.
- Available to share as a model for other congregations/networks in the diocese and in the Episcopal Church.
Networking grants will facilitate addressing these societal concerns, common to all our communities, from Indian River to Harsens Island.
Apply for a Grant
The deadline for submitting grants is September 30th, 2018.
GRANT RECIPIENTS FOR 2017-2018
|Recipient||Collaborating Congregation(s)||Grant Amount|
|Crossover Downtown Outreach Ministry||
St. Paul’s, Flint
|Family Promise of Genesee County||St. Dunstan’s, Davison
St. Jude’s, Fenton
St. Paul’s, Flint
|G.R.A.C.E. Center||St. Francis, Grayling||$20,000|
|St. Alban’s Episcopal Church||St. Alban’s, Bay City||$10,000|
|St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church Soup Kitchen||
St. Andrew’s, Flint
|St. Mark’s Episcopal Church||
St. Mark’s, Atlanta