Welcome to information hub for the 79th General Convention.
Over the next couple of weeks, July 2-14, a deputation from Eastern Michigan is gathered with others from across the Church in Austin, Texas to participate in the General Convention.
The General Convention is the highest governing body of The Episcopal Church. It meets every three years, or triennially, and is composed of the House of Bishops and the House of Deputies (lay people and clergy).
Those subscribed to our newsletter will receive regular email updates from the deputations of Eastern Michigan and Western Michigan. Beyond receiving these email updates, there are a number of ways to stay in touch –
- Post and follow along using the official hashtag, #GC79
- Follow Eastern Michigan on Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- The Episcopal News Service – www.episcopalnewsservice.org
- Deputy News – www.deputynews.org
- Watch the convention live stream – The General Convention Media Hub
- Photo Album from the deputations
|Lay Order||Clergy Order|
|Dr. Elizabeth Jordan (Flint)||The Rev. Brian Chace (West Branch),
Social Justice & US Policy
Ellen McVey (Midland),
Safeguarding & Title IV
*The Rev. Tracie Little (Fenton),
Dispatch of Business
|Linda Rathburn (Grand Blanc)||The Rev. Pamela Lynch (Gaylord),
Ecumenical & Interreligious Relations
|*Canon Michael Spencer,
|The Rev. Sue Rich (Bay City)|
|**Claire Jess – (Flint)||**The Rev. Barb Cavin – (Flushing)|