The Diocese of Eastern Michigan is in the midst of a transition.
Last June, our bishop of over ten years, the Rt. Rev. Todd Ousley, resigned his jurisdiction to accept a call on the Presiding Bishop’s staff. In October, the 23rd Diocesan Convention voted to elect the Rt. Rev. Catherine Waynick as Bishop Provisional of the diocese, serving as companion and pastor for the next year.
We have some work to do, Eastern Michigan!
As discussed at the diocesan convention, we are about to embark on a time of self-study. We will take a look at where we’ve been, who we are, and who we are called to be as the Episcopal Church in this place.
We invite you to participate in one of the following regional gatherings:
- Blue Water – January 6th at Holy Family, Blue Water
- Flint – January 27th at St. Paul’s, Flint
- Saginaw – February 3rd at St. John’s, Midland
- North (West) – March 3rd at St. Andrew’s, Gaylord
- North (East) – March 10th at Trinity, Alpena
Each gathering will take place on a Saturday from 10am to 2pm and will include lunch. There is no cost to attend. Please register so we can plan for materials and lunch.
This is an exciting time to be the Church in Eastern Michigan. We are excited to begin this self-study process with you all.
The Standing Committee
The Episcopal Diocese of Eastern Michigan
- Bishop Waynick Elected Bishop Provisional
- Bishop Waynick on Texas Church Shooting