A collaboration with the Diocese of Western Michigan, the #MIFaithStory project seeks to empower Michigan Episcopalians to tell their story online and in our communities.
We are all called to the work of evangelism. Join the Dioceses of Eastern and Western Michigan in taking part in a storytelling project, filming short videos to share within and outside of our community – telling people, “This is who we are. This is why we’re here. This is what we do. We invite you to join us.”
Use the easy instructions below to film yourself sharing the (your!) Good News. This is a great activity to do with your church community, perhaps at a coffee hour or other gathering. Ask a friend to shoot your video or take turns.
Why are you an Episcopalian?
Why have you chosen to follow Jesus?
What do you wish people knew about your faith community?
FILM YOUR STORY:
- Find a comfortable place to shoot your video. This should be somewhere in which the light source (sun, lamp, window, etc.) can be behind your camera.
- Use your smartphone’s camera app to shoot your video. Aim for 30-45 seconds per question. Answer just one or all three!
- Visit the #MIfaithstory page of your diocesan website to submit your video. We’ll add our project art and share it from our social media within and outside of our community!
TIPS FOR A QUALITY VIDEO:
- Hold your phone horizontally (landscape), not vertically (portrait).
- Stand close enough to the camera to frame your video from the shoulders up. We’d like to see your face clearly!