About the Commission on Ministry:
The Commission on Ministry (COM) advises and assists the Bishop in the discernment and ordination process for the diocese. They are charged with providing for the development and affirmation of ministry of all baptized persons.
The gifts he gave were that some would be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the Body of Christ. Ephesians 4:11-12
The COM is made up of up to ten people, half lay and half ordained.
The mission of the COM is to assist all individuals, alongside the Office of the Bishop, in fulfilling their call to ministry.
To fulfill that mission, we will:
- Provide resources to assist all God’s people as they discern their gifts for ministry.
- Support the ministry of all God’s people.
- Oversee the discernment of those seeking ordination.
- Support the bishop in articulating the ministry of Christ.
Resources for discernment and the ordination process:
- Ordination Manual (Updated June 2017)
- Appendix B: The Discernment Process
- Appendix C: Forms for the Ordination Process
Questions? Click here to contact the COM Chair, the Rev. Sue Colavincenzo.