The 26th Diocesan Convention
The Convention will gather October 31, 2020 for an online convention held jointly with our partner diocese, the Episcopal Diocese of Western Michigan.
- 8/2 – The Call to Convention
Important Dates & Deadlines
|Sept. 1||Deadline to submit a resolution.
Deadline to submit a nomination for elected leadership.
|Sept. 24||Northern Region Pre-Convention Meeting.|
|Sept. 29||Flint/Saginaw Region Pre-Convention Meeting.|
|Sept. 30||Blue Water Region Pre-Convention Meeting|
|Oct. 15||Deadline to submit names for the In Memoriam.
Deadline to submit ministry reports.
Deadline to register for convention.
BUILDING BRIDGES BEYOND OURSELVES
As people who follow Jesus, we are called to build bridges beyond ourselves – to one another, to our communities, and to God. Our bridges are built through invitation, justice seeking, and love sharing.
In this time of rapid change and transition, and as we live more deeply into our period of shared ministry between our two dioceses, we consider our call to be bridge builders – to invite one another into relationship and knowledge of God’s love, across parishes, across dioceses, across denominations, and beyond.
PRESIDING BISHOP MICHAEL CURRY
The Most Rev. Michael B. Curry is the 27th Presiding Bishop and Primate of the Episcopal Church. A graduate of Yale Divinity School, Presiding Bishop Curry served congregations in North Carolina, Ohio, and Maryland before his consecration as the XI Bishop of North Carolina in 2000. Throughout his ministry, the Presiding Bishop has been a justice and reconciliation seeker, speaking out on immigration policy and marriage equality.
Presiding Bishop Curry is a world-renowned preacher and teacher, having been invited to speak at churches, cathedrals, and conferences around the United States and well beyond, including the 2018 wedding of Prince Harry of Wales and Megan Markle. In 2018, he was named the Religion Newsmaker of the Year by the Religion News Association.
In addition to numerous articles and essays, he has authored four books: The Power of Love (2018); Following the Way of Jesus: Church’s Teachings in a Changing World (2017); Songs My Grandma Sang (2015); and Crazy Christians: A Call to Follow Jesus (2013).
He and his wife, Sharon Clement, live in North Carolina.
PREVIOUS CONVENTION JOURNALS
- 25th Diocesan Convention – 2019
- 24th Diocesan Convention – 2018
- 23rd Diocesan Convention – 2017
- 22nd Diocesan Convention – 2016
- 21st Diocesan Convention – 2015
- 20th Diocesan Convention – 2014
- 19th Diocesan Convention – 2013
- 18th Diocesan Convention – 2012
- 17th Diocesan Convention – 2011
- 16th Diocesan Convention – 2010
- 15th Diocesan Convention – 2009
- 14th Diocesan Convention – 2008
- 13th Diocesan Convention – 2007
- 12th Diocesan Convention – 2006
- 11th Diocesan Convention – 2005
- 10th Diocesan Convention – 2004
- 9th Diocesan Convention – 2003
- 8th Diocesan Convention – 2002