Annual grants available to fund local projects
All congregations are invited to submit a grant request to fund collaborative outreach projects for the next fiscal year.
Social Service and Ministry Network Grants fund new network ministries that are collaborative beyond traditional geographic and congregational lines and initiatives that expand existing ministries. The grants are indicative of our value of collaborative ministry that reaches beyond ourselves and fund initiatives focused on mercy and justice, rooted in the Gospel of Jesus.
The total amount available is $100,000. Previous grant awards have varied between $1,500 and $20,000 per application.
Please contact the Rev. Paul Brunell (Owosso), Chair of the Social Service Grant Committee, with any questions. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the primary intention of the Social Services and Ministry Networks Grant Team that this funding:
- Supports new network ministries that are collaborative beyond traditional geographic and congregational lines (or)
- Expands existing ministries. Ongoing funding will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- -Reflect diocesan initiatives: addictions and recovery ministries, poverty, literacy, hunger, anti-racism, and anti-violence.
- Include one or more of the following: human rights advocacy, health or human service program, lay leadership empowerment.
- Look outward in the best missionary tradition of the church – outreach to new people and populations that we do not ordinarily reach or see in our own pews.
- Are sustainable after the Ministry Network grant has expired – The organization applying for funds must demonstrate plans to sustain the ministry after the grant concludes.
- Are supported by at least one congregation of the diocese with both financial and people resources. The ministry should encourage collaboration and networking among congregations and/or agencies and increase the mission initiatives by the people of the diocese.
- Are available to share as a model for other congregations/networks in the diocese and in the Episcopal Church.
Applications will be considered by the Social Service Grants Committee. Recommendations from the committee are brought to the diocesan council for final approval.
Applications are due October 31st.
Click here to access this information on our website, including a list of last year’s recipients.